Atlanta Neck Injury Lawyer
Dedicated Neck Injury Lawyers in Atlanta, Georgia
Neck injuries following an accident can be traumatically life-changing, even if they seem minor at first. Over time, an injury to the neck can evolve and end up requiring surgery, physical therapy, or rehabilitation. In addition to the pain and suffering you feel, treatment may lead to an unexpected stack of medical bills and time away from work. If your accident was caused by the carelessness or negligence of another, you have the right to pursue compensation. Speak to our Atlanta neck injury lawyer, Christopher Simon. No matter the type of injury accident, whether it was a car crash, slip and fall, workplace accident, or any other, we have the necessary experience needed to successfully resolve your case. Call (404) 259-7635 and schedule a free consultation today.
Why Our Firm is the Right Choice for You
- We will outwork everyone else in an effort to secure the best possible outcome in your case.
- With more than 30 years of trial experience, our Atlanta personal injury attorneys will utilize their skills and knowledge to fight for the financial recovery that is comparable to your suffering.
- We will do everything we can to help you and your family, including covering all up-front costs for your case. We will only accept payment when we win.
What Is the Time Limit for a Neck Injury Claim?
In Georgia, you have two years from the date you suffered the neck injury to bring your personal injury claim to the civil courts. Two years is the general statute of limitations on all personal injury cases in the state. If you did not notice your neck injury until days after your accident, the time limit will begin to count down on the date of discovery.
Speak to an attorney as soon as you can after a neck injury diagnosis, as missing your deadline generally means losing all rights to pursue compensation. The defendant may not owe you for your damages if you miss the statute of limitations despite having evidence of fault or negligence. Even if the courts accept your case, the defendant could use the missed statute of limitations against you to convince a judge to dismiss the claim.
What Could I Be Compensated For?
When you contact an Atlanta car accident lawyer at The Simon Law Firm, we can review your case and specific losses to give you an accurate idea of what your neck injury claim might be worth. While an insurance company may undervalue your losses to save money, we strive to maximize your compensation. Your win is our win, especially when it comes to serious injuries that deserve proper compensation. You can trust the value we place on your neck injury lawsuit. Although each case is unique, the types of compensation available in Georgia remain the same.
- Pain and suffering. You could request compensation for all personal losses from the neck injury, such as physical pain, emotional suffering, lost quality of life, and psychological trauma from the accident.
- Lost wages. If you had to miss work for doctor’s appointments or while you recovered, you could seek compensation for your lost wages. If the neck injury caused a long-term disability, you can also request compensation for lost future earning capacity.
- Medical expenses. A lawsuit could reimburse you for all medical expenses related to your neck injury, including the costs of any medications, specialists, x-rays, neck braces, surgeries, rehabilitation, or therapy.
- Property damage repairs. If the accident that caused your neck injury also damaged or destroyed your property, seek payments for repairs or replacement. You could recover compensation for a damaged or totaled vehicle after a car accident, for example.
- Punitive damages. Some neck injury claims could result in punitive damages, or additional compensation to punish the defendant for especially wrongful or negligent acts. The actions of the defendant will determine your eligibility for punitive damages.
You and your family could receive payment for all out-of-pocket costs associated with your neck injury, including legal fees and court costs to bring an injury lawsuit. You may also be eligible for noneconomic damages for intangible losses, such as pain or discomfort. The money you receive from the defendant could help you establish a brighter future and move forward with your life after a bad neck injury. Speak to Christopher Simon today to find out what your claim might be worth in Atlanta.
How an Atlanta Neck Injury Attorney Can Help
Insurance companies often believe that neck injuries, in particular, whiplash, are nothing more than a ploy to get a personal injury settlement. However, in reality, these types of injuries can be extremely severe and painful. In order to combat the extraordinary lengths that an insurer will go to in order to prove that you are not as injured as you claim, being advocated for by an Atlanta neck injury lawyer will make certain you are protected. An attorney will have the ability to calculate your claim’s worth and will not let you settle for a deceptively low amount.
What Is the First Step To an Injury Lawsuit?
If you believe you have grounds for a neck injury lawsuit in Atlanta, the first step you should take is to discuss things with an attorney. A phone call to The Simon Law Firm could provide tailored answers to all your questions at no cost or obligation. Hiring a lawyer to represent you during your lawsuit can make the process much easier for you and your family. Your lawyer can deal with claims paperwork and file before the deadline while you focus on healing. Gather information about your neck injuries, such as medical records and accident reports. Then, contact an attorney to discuss your case and its potential value in more detail.
The Different Types of Neck Injuries
Also known as cervical spine injuries, neck injuries vary in severity and type:
Soft Tissue Injuries
Most often referred to as whiplash and can include muscle strain, ligament sprain, and disc injury. These are the most common type of neck injuries and car accidents are the most common cause of them. Neck muscle strains can vary in severity and are graded on a scale of I to IV, with IV being the most serious.
Nerve or Spinal Cord Injuries
When the spinal structure comes into contact with the spinal nerve root or the spinal cord itself, nerve damage can occur. Nerve injuries are commonly seen in severe soft tissue injuries. Spinal cord injuries can cause a loss of sensation and movement. They may also be life-altering and in addition to physical pain, impact a victim socially, mentally, and emotionally. An Atlanta spinal cord injury attorney can help you understand your rights and help you with a case.
The center of the rubbery disc between spinal bones slips out beyond the tough outer exterior. Treatment can include medication, physical therapy, and possibly surgery.
When a cervical bone breaks. Treatment often depends on the extent of the damage, your age, and any other medical conditions.
When one or more neck bones shift and create spinal instability.
Serious spine injuries requiring long-term treatment or even surgery often result in extensive damages and a high liability situation for the responsible party. Any financial losses you sustain may be the legal responsibility of the liable party to repay.
Get Help From The Simon Law Firm
We have a team of talented Atlanta neck injury lawyers ready to assist you in holding the negligent party accountable for your injury. We will ensure you are properly compensated for your suffering. Receive a free case evaluation today by calling (404) 259-7635 or contacting us online.