Atlanta Bus Accident Lawyer
Dedicated Bus Accident Lawyers Serving Atlanta, Georgia
Any traffic accident is cause for alarm, but accidents involving buses can be especially devastating. Occupants of the vehicles involved and pedestrians can fall victim to a sudden collision and suffer catastrophic injuries. If you or a loved one has been injured in a bus accident in Atlanta, you deserve compensation from the responsible party for your losses. You may be dealing with pain, hospital bills, surgeries, a loss of income, as well as other financial stressors, and questioning what to do next. Discuss your legal options with an Atlanta car accident lawyer who has an exceptional amount of experience at The Simon Law Firm. Call (404) 259-7635 today, we offer free and confidential case evaluations.
Why You Should Choose Our Bus Accident Lawyer
- We have more than 30 years of experience securing compensation for injured bus accident victims.
- We have a thorough understanding of how insurance companies operate, as we have attorneys on our team who have previously represented insurers.
- We will go above and beyond to help you and your family in any way that we can during this challenging time.
Bus Accident Statistics in Georgia
Bus accidents are far too common in Georgia and nationwide, as the following statistics from the Federal Motor Carrier and Safety Administration (FMCSA) reveal:
- 274 people were killed in bus accidents in 2017.
- 25,000 were injured in bus crashes in 2017.
- The type of bus involved in the most fatal accidents in 2017 were transit buses, followed by school buses.
- Georgia is one of the top ten states with the highest average of fatal large truck and bus crashes between 2014 and 2016.
Passengers are at an increased risk of injury in an accident, due to the size and weight of a bus and the lack of seat belts. Possible injuries can range from whiplash-type soft tissue injuries to serious head trauma or broken bones.
Common Causes of Atlanta Bus Accidents
Bus accidents can be caused by numerous contributing factors, some of which include:
- Driver error
- Lack of proper driver training
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failure to anticipate traffic, changing road conditions, and weather
- Taking turns or corners too fast
- Blind spots and visibility issues that obscure other vehicles, pedestrians, and cyclists
- Sudden braking or swerving
- Mechanical and maintenance issues
- Defective equipment
Bus companies are considered common carriers who owe passengers extraordinary care when it comes to their safety, as imposed by FMCSA regulations and Georgia’s carrier laws. When accidents occur due to bus companies or their employees violating their duty of care, it may be possible to hold them financially liable for any resulting injuries.
Why You Need an Atlanta Bus Accident Attorney?
A lawyer is necessary for success in a bus accident case due to there tending to be more complexities in these types of cases than in regular car accidents. Beginning with the fact that there may be multiple parties responsible, for instance, the following parties may be identified as having played a role in causing your accident:
- Bus driver;
- The driver of another vehicle involved, if they acted negligently or violated a traffic law;
- The bus company;
- The manufacturer of the bus or its parts;
- Bus maintenance company;
- School districts and school boards; or
- The local or state government.
An investigation into your accident will be conducted by your attorney and after reviewing the circumstances of your accident, they will determine all parties who might be liable. Evidence will also be collected in order to build your case in pursuit of a fair settlement. The negotiations with every at-fault party’s insurance company will also be handled for you, ensuring that you are treated fairly and receive the compensation you deserve.
Reach Out to Us Today
Our Atlanta bus accident lawyers at The Simon Law Firm have decades of experience advocating for clients who have been injured in bus accidents. We offer our services on a contingency fee basis, meaning we will only get paid when we win your case. Contact us today to discuss how can help you. Schedule a free consultation by calling (404) 259-7635 or filling out our contact form online.